Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mandrik

You guys still around? ;)

19 posts in this topic

Hope you old timers are doing well! :D SG slips into my brain about once a year, so I like to stop by and say hi!

And you guys don't even accept bitcoin yet for subscriptions? Some nerds you are. :cotongue:

Can't trust l33t pharmers like you, Mandrik von China - need the cash.

I do expect Lost to start taking Euros - he's really been trying to become more "international" lately :pimp:

It doesn't get any more international than bitcoin! :D How could I not love a virtual currency after farming so many across different video games? ;)

no but we do now accept Baklava as payment :pirates:

How Goes it Mandrik?

Nice to see ya dropping by :)

How Goes it Mandrik?

Nice to see ya dropping by :)

Better than ever. :D

A wild Mandrik has appeared! How are things stranger?

I was actually playing on a private WoW server for a few months. It was a Burning Crusade server, and omg it was like old times. Really enjoyed it, but I just got too busy to stick with it.

I got involved with bitcoin a few years back, because I like the idea of a decentralized, semi-anonymous currency. So I started accepting it as payment on my site, I invested a little here and there, and I would always read up on the latest happenings. Now I work for blockchain.info, which is essentially the Google of bitcoin. I think they are the #1 ranked bitcoin site on Alexa, and there are a whopping 4 people, including me, that work for the site. ;) I was doing in-house personal chef work the past couple years, but I dropped all my clients to focus on this. There is nothing better than being able to do what you love from anywhere in the world.

Mandrik... I think our internal clocks are set to each other... was thinking about SG recently as well, decided to see if the ole login still worked. Hope those beautiful tykes born on my birthday are doing well :)

Hey Mandrik! I bought a small box of your baklava and it was awesome. Glad to hear you're doing ok.

Heya Mandrik!

Bitcoins are great until the economy collapses...again.

Heya Mandrik!

Bitcoins are great until the economy collapses...again.

The infrastructure has grown, and people around the world are accepting it. The US is being left way behind due to regulations, so I can understand why some people in this country are still skeptical. It's certainly not the case in Canada, though. Bitcoin is exploding there, with bitcoin ATMs, and a bitcoin interact card on the way! It's pretty cool what's going on up in your neck of the woods, Destinova.

I'd like to think I have a pretty good understanding of bitcoin these days. My friends call me an "expert in the industry" and I giggle every time I hear that. I guess 6 months working in something less than 5 years old is a long time, but I've also been a bitcoin holder since 2011. Market corrections will happen, but I'm super bullish long term. It's fun to see prices around $300/btc, but my goal was never to get rich. I just want true financial freedom. :) I can travel to any major city in the world with all my savings stored away in my brain, and use bitcoin to get the things I need. Try that with cash!

Actually, most folks travel with cash without any problem to anywhere in the United States. Or you could bring your debit card with you and it has considerably more protection than BitCoins. Having said all that, if you can make BitCoins successful more power to you. It's a much more rewarding life when you're involved in things you enjoy.

Actually, most folks travel with cash without any problem to anywhere in the United States. Or you could bring your debit card with you and it has considerably more protection than BitCoins. Having said all that, if you can make BitCoins successful more power to you. It's a much more rewarding life when you're involved in things you enjoy.

I should have clarified - more than $10k in cash. :) And yes, it's totally true - I'm working in an industry I love, and I like to think I can help it grow. That's really all it's about.