Sign in to follow this  
Eon

DayZ: Anyone playing?

15 posts in this topic

Eon    0

Hi

I was in SG for 4-5 years "back in the day" but kinda left gaming alone for a while since I lost interest.

Now, DayZ has got me interested again. Granted, hacking is ruining it quickly, but the puls and heartrate I get sneaking around a town when I know there are other players around is for me unparalelled in gaming.

I see there is a post with a SG server further down, but it looks dead.

Is anyone playing and on a regular server?

Oh, and "What's up buddy?" to the oldtimers :)

Cattasraafe    0

I'm a little late on this, and also new to SG I'd play some DayZ but like you said with the hacking I got wrongly banned :-(. Was a victim of a few nukes of whatever the hell. Yeah I was upset after spending 25 bucks on arma 2 just to play that and get global banned for god only knows what :-(.

tbone    14

I used to play it a ton over the last year. I got fed up with the hackers and haven't played in a couple of months.

I heard last night during teh CoC that we have a dev for DayZ and i thought that was cool.

I need to get back into playing on private hives but really waiting for dayz 2 to come out But I could be persuaded to crank up dayz again.

fryylk    6

Again if you are sick of hacking on the public servers join Lawyns private server. He has a private TS server so non SG can join in on the fun. PM him for info.

The only thing that puts me off about DayZ is the strict rule set they have for servers. You can't even kick people

if they do something to affect your game.

fryylk    6

The only thing that puts me off about DayZ is the strict rule set they have for servers. You can't even kick people

if they do something to affect your game.

That has changed at least with the introduction of private hive servers. Lawyns server is password protected so the only ones allowed on it are people that are invited. If someone hacks they get the boot and the password can be changed. He also has control of vehicle spawns. I think there are currently 5 helicopters.

Cattasraafe    0

Is there any way that a person that was global banned as a false positive can still join a private server? I'm assuming that even though its private battle eye is still engaged?

naossoan    0

I used to play it with a few friends of mine. I don't think I've ever had such a rush in any game, ever.

I was sick of all the bugs, sometimes taking like 30+ minutes even just to join a server was ridiculous. When I read that the dev is making it a stand-alone game I just decided to stop playing it until that is released.

crossfirex    0

I really like the concept of DayZ, but given the bugs and hacking issues I figured I would wait and see what happens with the stand-alone game that's in development.

The creator Dean Hall gave a presentation on the new game he really has some really cool new ideas for the standalone:

Edited by CrossfireX

fryylk    6

Playing Taviana now on the cy6 private hive.

What server are you playing on?

Cy^6.Co.UK private hive. Has a whitelist now.

I cant find that server when I search DayZCommander

Edited by whitetemplar