scanda

WWII ONLINE

76 posts in this topic

Pburg    0

I did not know this game was even getting mentioned in the Portal anymore

Resubbed. All I've done is fly, but once again all the Allies have to do is turn once they spot me and I can't do jack.

ojj    36

Resubbed. All I've done is fly, but once again all the Allies have to do is turn once they spot me and I can't do jack.

And how many friendly/enemy planes did you see? Been a year+ since I've logged in and my best guess would be a total of 10 players.

Edited by OJJ

Kilmoran    46

Too bad they screwed the game up :nod:

Can you elaborate?

The game mechanics they designed (HC & TOE aspects) eroded player freedom and reduced the game to everyone fight in a box. This in turn took the squads, leadership personas, variance in gameplay options and the majority of what people found to be fun in the game away with it. When you add years of those mechanics never being changed, poor dev choices with the little resources they had and a complete lack of understanding their own product, you get to call yourself an mmopg that has 100 people on the server during peak these days.

While the product and resources were never going to get blizzard type subscriber numbers, it certainly had the potential to have 10x the people playing it today had it chosen some different paths. They spent their last big dev effort years ago on making a cod version of the game called rapid assault. That was a complete flop to say the least and completely showed how disconnected they are from ever developing a game people would want to play. COD type players do not want to play with shit lag/those graphics and ww2 online players didnt want some sand box sim. Who's buying that pos? Anyway, the game was great long ago and most likely will never be salvaged until someone comes along and tries again

Man... this conversation is like talking to your ancestors and realizing that things never change.... :P You probably have no idea what i mean by this but it would take too long to explain.

stoves9    29

I miss the freedom there was in the old days. The freedom to attack any town you wanted without the other side knowing you were coming was great. The AO system is flawed to say the least. I still have fun playing for the most part but I miss the fun SG had with 50 people on a night.

Jerith    0

S! To the main crew. Saw some SG while pubbing in WoT - made me stop by. Site looks great.

And how many friendly/enemy planes did you see? Been a year+ since I've logged in and my best guess would be a total of 10 players.

Tonight there were probably 5-7 Axis pilots in one mission. Had a few dogfights, but nothing like the old days.

I miss the freedom there was in the old days. The freedom to attack any town you wanted without the other side knowing you were coming was great. The AO system is flawed to say the least. I still have fun playing for the most part but I miss the fun SG had with 50 people on a night.

I think they've got to centralize the fights due to lack of players. I doubt there's more than a couple hundred folks on during peak times.

Herrkurt    41

Once again. If I win the lotto some day I'm buying this studio and IP and throwing some AAA money into making a new version. And the design team will include the normal industry types plus us, the actual player base from back when they could get a few thousand on in a night.

(And at times 50-100+ of those were us.)

Edited by Herrkurt

BillyBarue    5

Man look at all the old names! I still play WW2ol on the allied side with 4Wing. A great bunch to hang with. I hope life has treated all of you fellas well. I just got married on the 31st of December and I am still going through the immigration process. Other wise life has been grand. I just joined SG in WoT this past week. Ready for some action.

S! fellas drop by and say hello on TS some time if you maintain an SG account.

herrlabe    0

For any of you ww2ol old timers still playing it you guys should check out warthunder's groundforces on realistic and sim it's like ww2ol but much better. No hp like wot no RNG realistic armor values/penentration oh and it has jagdpanthers in. Nothing like hitting a t44 at full speed at 1.6k and watching his ammo cook off.

dembones    0

Glad to see some ole names again,sheeeeeesh. Definately had a forkin blast with yas. Been a LONG time,and its flyin by :rockon:

Resubbed a few months ago,but its jus not the same lmao. You know what Im talkin bout......................

Been pounding it out over on Hereos n Generals,but like the RATS their Devs took ALL the fun outta that game too,now its Pay 2 Win .

Be excellent ye Crusties..........

S! Bones

Edited by dembones

Olisson    0

lol, keep seeing SG around in the games I play and the clan spotlight on WoT, thought I'd stop in the forums. I played with folks like Spoon and GrisGris back in ww2online days forever and continued into planetside. went by the name manson1 I believe lol. got tired of the negative comments from the name years ago so it's Olisson or Xandras now depending on the game. I've got some of my best gaming memories with you guys, towing 88's out to the front and high speed infantry raids in the back of a truck in ww2online lol. Anyway, nice to see several of the names I remember still here. See you around.

Edited by Olisson

fade    1

I cant find a mmo to play. Cant find anything that appeals to me anymore. Would play ww2 online but they are crazy if they think I am paying 18 bucks a month or subbing for a year. I did buy Star Citizen but its a year away and not really a mmo. Sony’s H1Z1 looks promising though. Anyways I will rejoin SG when I figure out what to do with my gaming life.

http://web.archive.org/web/20030121230236/http://sghq.com/images/magazine/sgmag_aug.jpg

herrlabe    0

Anyone still have access? Just tried resubbing for a month the powers that be at rat hq don't have anyone checking for sub activations nor anyone working support tickets. Kinda feel like putting in another ticket saying enjoy my one month donation. But if anyone still plays could you pm one of the rats and get my account fixed since no sub means I have zero access to their forums.

dembones    0

Will SG consider H1Z1 upon release????

(edit) just read SG news page :cotongue:

Hey Herrlabe S! miss gamin with ya as well as the other crusted crusties.

Enjoy the remainder of the summer all

S! DonkeySchmell

Bones

Edited by dembones

herrlabe    0

Anyone have access to the SG account we had going? Really want to get in touch with one of the rats and tell them too consider the payment I made a donation and tell them no wonder the game failed.

aldman    40

Will SG consider H1Z1 upon release????

(edit) just read SG news page :cotongue:

Hey Herrlabe S! miss gamin with ya as well as the other crusted crusties.

Enjoy the remainder of the summer all

S! DonkeySchmell

Bones

Hey Dembones! The plan is to have a portal for H1Z1 when it comes out. :D

Svenjorg    25

Dave, that roster has me listed as "Intelligence".

Must have been relative.

I think those sub dates were on the first set of servers, before Pan took his leave. 10/20/01. Longer than I thought.

Old Old Old Old Old

Sooth    2

I saw a few crusties in here so I had to post. :)

ojj    36

Borsig makes an appearance just in time for Halloween!

Borsig    28

I should re-sub and play something, just so command goes to defcon 3.

Svenjorg    25

I should re-sub and play something, just so command goes to defcon 3.

The new faces need to see a little old fashion Borsig inspired bruhaha.