Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scanda

WWII ONLINE

78 posts in this topic

Wow, recognize quite a few names from back in the day, hope all is well. Been playing wwiionline again last few months It's definitely a different game then it was years ago.

I've seen a few former SG members in game. If anyone does decide to play it again look me up. I'm with the 91st Sturmbatallion now. Great group of guys. Definitely remind me of the type of players we had here in SG.

S!

Edited by Ferth

Wow, look at the names in this thread!

I fired up WWIIOL last night for a sortie. It still had the heart thumping response when I got in a dog fight. Will probably play more often in the near future.

Yeah I tried to log on but for some reason it seems my account is no more. Thunder if you like BF3 you should try PS2 it is very good.

Edited by Stewart

Yeah I tried to log on but for some reason it seems my account is no more. Thunder if you like BF3 you should try PS2 it is very good.

OK, I may have to look at PS2. I got in WWIIOL a little last week. It was still fun, but most of the fun was playing with SG and JG52.

Hey Thunderace!

I miss WW2OL, If more SG would play I'd probably come back :)

OJ and CDAT were still playing. I played a little with them I think last summer. I usually fly, but I messed around with them on the ground for a little bit. There is an SG account that we all pitched in for that I bet you could use. I also have a second account that I could lend if you wanted to get in. I think you can play infantry without a current subscription. Playing WWIIOL with SG was some of the most fun I have ever had playing online. Wish I had a time machine :)

Well ww2online was where SG was actually made and where most of us older members joined up.

Good times for sure. Good to see all the old crusties still hanging around.

Still hanging with SG, the dues are a bargain.

Hello to all you guys.

Just installed it to pop in and see if anyone was on and I couldn't get a server list to show up after i logged in. Any ideas why this is happening?

Just installed it to pop in and see if anyone was on and I couldn't get a server list to show up after i logged in. Any ideas why this is happening?

Hey Herrlabe!

Man I miss the SG ww2 days. ww2 online was the only game I was ever really good at. I play Eve with SG now but here I am a nobody. In ww2 online I was a GOD! And so were you my amazing sniper friend!

*sniff* http://web.archive.org/web/20020225001920/http://sg.wwiionline.org/roster.html *sniff*

2002-02-19 20:42:37 fade Recruit

Edited by fade

Some of us are more like skid marks than crusties.. :) theremin was the one that recruited me, so its all his fault. :eek:

Edited by MacAmg

I have been playing WW2OL on and off with a F2P account. The biggest problem is that by the time the enemey gets to Tier 3 equipment, my poor free equipment just isn't even close to fair.

Hey Herrlabe!

Man I miss the SG ww2 days. ww2 online was the only game I was ever really good at. I play Eve with SG now but here I am a nobody. In ww2 online I was a GOD! And so were you my amazing sniper friend!

*sniff* http://web.archive.org/web/20020225001920/http://sg.wwiionline.org/roster.html *sniff*

2002-02-19 20:42:37 fade Recruit

Hell yeah, number 13 on that list! :pimp:

Edited by dmashek

Thinking about resubbing, is there still a decent player base or is it a ghost town?

Thats what keeps me from unsubbing. It is still the best game imo

Too bad they screwed the game up :nod:

Can you elaborate?

The game mechanics they designed (HC & TOE aspects) eroded player freedom and reduced the game to everyone fight in a box. This in turn took the squads, leadership personas, variance in gameplay options and the majority of what people found to be fun in the game away with it. When you add years of those mechanics never being changed, poor dev choices with the little resources they had and a complete lack of understanding their own product, you get to call yourself an mmopg that has 100 people on the server during peak these days.

While the product and resources were never going to get blizzard type subscriber numbers, it certainly had the potential to have 10x the people playing it today had it chosen some different paths. They spent their last big dev effort years ago on making a cod version of the game called rapid assault. That was a complete flop to say the least and completely showed how disconnected they are from ever developing a game people would want to play. COD type players do not want to play with shit lag/those graphics and ww2 online players didnt want some sand box sim. Who's buying that pos? Anyway, the game was great long ago and most likely will never be salvaged until someone comes along and tries again

Can you elaborate?

The game mechanics they designed (HC & TOE aspects) eroded player freedom and reduced the game to everyone fight in a box. This in turn took the squads, leadership personas, variance in gameplay options and the majority of what people found to be fun in the game away with it. When you add years of those mechanics never being changed, poor dev choices with the little resources they had and a complete lack of understanding their own product, you get to call yourself an mmopg that has 100 people on the server during peak these days.

While the product and resources were never going to get blizzard type subscriber numbers, it certainly had the potential to have 10x the people playing it today had it chosen some different paths. They spent their last big dev effort years ago on making a cod version of the game called rapid assault. That was a complete flop to say the least and completely showed how disconnected they are from ever developing a game people would want to play. COD type players do not want to play with shit lag/those graphics and ww2 online players didnt want some sand box sim. Who's buying that pos? Anyway, the game was great long ago and most likely will never be salvaged until someone comes along and tries again

So true