• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Pburg

Monitors

9 posts in this topic

Hey all long time

I have a question. My monitor just blew up so I need a new one.....My old one was a Samsung LCD 2e inch...I am trying to decide on another LCD or go to the LED...Any suggestions on a good mid priced monitor in the 23-25 in range...might go bigger if you have a good suggestion...Thanks Pburg S!

Not exactly mid price range I guess, but I'm looking at some new displays and I'm pretty much set on the Dell UltraSharp U2311H. Retails for $319, but I've seen it down in the 270's if you wait for a sale.

I just got the LG IPS236V a few weeks ago and I LOVE it. Its an LED IPS panel which are finally dropping down to consumer level prices, got it at bestbuy on sale for $229. I looked at the Dell U2311H too but it was a bit more then I wanted to spend. From what I remember reading the DELL and LG monitors both used the same eIPS panels.

We picked up a few LG LED IPS, though probably a somewhat cheaper model, the other day for work. They looked pretty good except for a sever blue tint to everything. I tried calibrating but no matter what I did I couldn't get rid of that blue tint. I think it was because of the color of the LED backlights they used.

We picked up a few LG LED IPS, though probably a somewhat cheaper model, the other day for work. They looked pretty good except for a sever blue tint to everything. I tried calibrating but no matter what I did I couldn't get rid of that blue tint. I think it was because of the color of the LED backlights they used.

Yeah it was probably the LED giving the blue tint, the DELL has been found to do that to. Sort of a down side to LED in general :( Unless you go with an RGB LED but those are crazy expensive. I had to return my first IPS236v due to a crazy green highlight in the top right hand corner, shocking it made it through QA (LG has crap QA from what I read, downside). I played the gamble on the return in hopes of getting something better and I did, the second monitor is perfect. No color bleeds and no backlight bleeds.

Hey all long time

I have a question. My monitor just blew up so I need a new one.....My old one was a Samsung LCD 2e inch...I am trying to decide on another LCD or go to the LED...Any suggestions on a good mid priced monitor in the 23-25 in range...might go bigger if you have a good suggestion...Thanks Pburg S!

What kind of samsung was it and how did it "Blow Up" ?

Hey all long time

What kind of samsung was it and how did it "Blow Up" ?

Synchmaster 226BW.....Well it didn't blow up...the problem with it is that on startup it is black for about 10 minutes then it spends another 60 minutes flickering at light speed then it slowly slows down and finally gives a normal screen...I just don't want to wait 90 minutes for my monitoer to "warm up"

Thought that might be the case. Mine did the same thing, I fixed it for less than $5 and 20 minutes of work.

Watch this

I just ordered the parts from Amazon.