Sign in to follow this  
LostLogic

Yes, SG will be in Planetside Next

47 posts in this topic

LostLogic    84

Of course we will be in the game, most likely in a big way. :D

Re-apply if you are looking to rejoin for it and are in good standing with SG.

LostLogic    84

I wonder if they are going to release it for PS3 or PC?

602459[/snapback]

PC

considering the DC mmo, i wouldn't be surprised at all if it's released on the PC and the PS3. in fact, i'm willing to bet it will be!

tface    38

considering the DC mmo, i wouldn't be surprised at all if it's released on the PC and the PS3. in fact, i'm willing to bet it will be!

602473[/snapback]

God, I hope not. Consoles invariably dumb down FPS games, and it would probably worse than usual for Planetside Next considering the original Planetside was such an intricate and large scale game.

Though... :D If they do release on PC and PS3, I hope the console users and PC users are on the same servers. I would love to demolish the console guys. :)

Gonad    18

No way can they release it for PS3 and do it justice. Just look at Mag.

They claim it is 256 players, but it is really not.

No way can they release it for PS3 and do it justice. Just look at Mag.

They claim it is 256 players, but it is really not.

602496[/snapback]

after a bunch of patches, MAG dramatically improved

malicyn416    5

Though... :D If they do release on PC and PS3, I hope the console users and PC users are on the same servers. I would love to demolish the console guys. :)

602491[/snapback]

I don't think this will ever happen, not with an FPS anyway. Microsoft was thinking about releasing a game on PC and Xbox, so they did a study to see how Professional FPS console gamers measured up against some amateur gamers on the PC. Long story short, console gamers got CRUSHED by the PC gamers due to reaction times on mouse and keyboard being quicker for twitch games like FPS. So they scrapped the idea and haven't looked back.

Source:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/ms-killed-pc-xbox-cross-platform-play

http://www.rahulsood.com/2010/07/console-gamers-get-killed-against-pc.html

hells bliss    22

WTB: Draacco PS Next recruitment vid!

602997[/snapback]

2nd that motion, pass it to the vote :D

FaustSheck    0

Faust here, played with SG in WW2OL and PlanetSide (beta and release) and had a great time.

Will definitely be coming back for fun with you all in PS:N!

EDIT : I see some familiar names already in this thread (Heya gonad and herrkurt). Also got some laughs looking at my old photo aswell as photos of old friends in the PS Portal site that is still up.

Edited by FaustSheck

pine    25

Faust here, played with SG in WW2OL and PlanetSide (beta and release) and had a great time.

Will definitely be coming back for fun with you all in PS:N!

EDIT : I see some familiar names already in this thread (Heya gonad and herrkurt). Also got some laughs looking at my old photo aswell as photos of old friends in the PS Portal site that is still up.

603537[/snapback]

Never heard of you....oh..wait weren't you the guy that lead a group of us on a "portal support" run in WW2OL ?? I spent about 2 hours just getting to the fight and:

Faust:"the enemy sniper is right over there, across the water in that bush

Pine: I dont see him

Faust: 11 oclock tan bushes

Pine: way over there?

Faust: yes

Pine: well hell how can he hit me from there ( stands up)

RED SCREEN

Pine: (muttering to self) hacker there are no one-shot kills....... oh wait thats PS

Pine: So how do I get back to the front????

Kilmoran    46

Of course we will be in the game, most likely in a big way. :)

602115[/snapback]

I don't think there is a single thread you've started about this game that lacks a grin. :D

Kilmoran    46

602491[/snapback]

I don't think this will ever happen, not with an FPS anyway. Microsoft was thinking about releasing a game on PC and Xbox, so they did a study to see how Professional FPS console gamers measured up against some amateur gamers on the PC. Long story short, console gamers got CRUSHED by the PC gamers due to reaction times on mouse and keyboard being quicker for twitch games like FPS. So they scrapped the idea and haven't looked back.

Source:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/ms-killed-pc-xbox-cross-platform-play

http://www.rahulsood.com/2010/07/console-gamers-get-killed-against-pc.html

602600[/snapback]

Yeah... i laughed pretty hard about that. When i was younger i knew some guys who thought they were awesome at Halo on the Xbox. I had played it a lot on the PC prior, and i hated playing on that damn console. I didn't do bad, but it was just... wrong. Of course, it just sounded like i was complaining to them about losing. I was jsut frustrated it was so very different and pointless to me to play on the console. I had some duels in that game... i'll always remember. There is nothing like the feel of mouse and keyboard FPSing so far.

Also CopyofHaloPistolKiller.jpg

3 to the head, 5 to the chest. That's how you use the pistol best.

eltiburon    0

Well crud, looks like I will be coming back to mmo's. There goes the extra fishing and hunting time out the window again! I keep telling myself I'm to old to play games, then well making up for a youth with nothing but atari I guess.

If this release comes off, looks like I wll be looking up SG, if your going to play might as well roll with the best.

El Tib

karibu    0

HI Guys,

Long time no see (5 years). Bought myself a new rig, rejoined SG and am ready for the new PS! I remember our PS playing was the most enjoyable I have ever experienced.

KARIBU

Edited by KARIBU

kerag    3

Don't forget that a few but growing amount of peeps are resubbing ps1 at the moment. That old girl can still deliver.