Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Gonad

Very Sad News

35 posts in this topic

It has been a long time guys. I hope everyone is doing.  I wanted to let you all know that Frank Acree, AKA Pine, known for operating Pine Air back in our Planetside days, was involved a motorcycle accident yesterday and passed away from his injuries last night.

It's a sad day indeed.  

S! Pine

• Sad 2

I'm so sorry to hear this. Pine was an absolutely amazing member of this community and I enjoyed the countless hours that I played with him in PS2. My condolences to the family.

This is very sad news... my thoughts and Prayers go out to Pine's family.  

This is Pine's son. You may remember me as little Pine, Quint, or Kharamoth. I thank you all for your support. It means a lot to me and the family.

1 minute ago, pine said:

This is Pine's son. You may remember me as little Pine, Quint, or Kharamoth. I thank you all for your support. It means a lot to me and the family.

Truly sorry for your loss Kharamoth. I actually just sent you an email. Please let us know if there's anything that we can do to be of assistance to you during this time. 

I'm in shock, one of the coolest guys in SG. My thoughts are with the family.

I'm going to try to get ahold of the PS2 devs.

Maybe we can get a memorial in game for him.  Something next to a cactus on Indar.  I think he'd like that.

I'm still in shock, to be honest, this is awful.  :(

Edited by mnem
  • Like 2

It's Khara/Quint again. I'm going to give his visitation if anyone would like to come see him. The Visitation will be Tuesday 2nd of October. It will be held at Lakewood Memorial Home in Clinton, Ms. We will all miss him, he was an amazing man.

I'm devastated.  No words at all.

EDIT:  I'm physically ill...

Edited by Tannim

I'm sitting here devastated, he was a great friend and we spent a lot of time together back in the PS1 days and in many games since. I'm so sorry for your family's loss Quint. He was a great man.

Edited by Johnsnow

Very sorry for your loss. 

Such a great person!  He always made me laugh.

Wow, we will miss Pine.  He was such a good guy.  I spent many a ride on Pine Air.  

We'll be having a small wake for Pine on Wednesday (tomorrow) at 9pm Eastern.  Folks are invited to come say a few words, share a happy story, etc.

• Thanks 1

Class is going to make me miss the wake... If i didn't need yo stay home last week i would not go this week. I guess i am leaving early.

Jesus, on the off inkling to check out what SG is up to after a while, I read this. I met Pine in person in Atlanta more than a decade ago. We went out to the range with a couple of other SGer's and he was more than happy to let me shoot his Dan Wesson revolver. I played with him for years in original Planetside. Great guy, and I'm so sorry for his family for his unexpected passing - he was a great guy and I'm sure a great father and husband.

S!

• Like 1

Came to sign back up as i've had an urge the last few weeks... man, wasn't expecting to find this..  S! Pine.  What a nice guy.