Sign in to follow this  
Arminus

How do you take/make your tea?

22 posts in this topic

Novelus    47

The only way, Black with a splash of milk.

/end thread.

resiarlleh    33

I drink my tea alot of different ways, but normally i love some southern sweet tea or sun tea. i like a black tea with milk, a green tea with honey or a red tea with sugar.

i make my tea in my coffee machine and only take Sweetner in my Team ( milk makes it taste gross to me ( or i use brown sugar instead ))

allbad    21

mug of water 2 minutes in the microwave and dunk a bag of English Breakfast in it for a couple of minutes. no sugar/milk/etc. But.... this rare occassion. I typically drink coffee black instead.

slayersg    106

I like my tea like I like my women, Hot, Strong and with a spoon in it.... /EddieIzzard

Pedroig    80

In the morning:

Breakfast tea (American with 50% more caffeine!!!) with a splash of cream in it.

During the day, <50F (10C):

Earl Gray, black.

During the day, >70F(20C):

Ice tea, unsweet

At night:

Long Island... :pimp:

Earl Grey with orange blossom honey and a lemon.

Spiced Chai of various types, usually nothing added, sometimes with milk.

Oolong green tea nothing added.

I drink Ceylon straight or with sugar, sometimes honey.

I like southern iced tea and northern iced tea, and Arnold Palmers.

Kaeliri    69

Personally I enjoy my tea like the Irish do. In the form of whiskey.

I too enjoy a good Irish tea ;)

• Like 1

brique    19

American style orange pekoe (Lipton) with 2 teaspoons sugar. A bit of the kids' whole milk if I'm feeling creamy.

American style orange pekoe (Lipton) with 2 teaspoons sugar. A bit of the kids' whole milk if I'm feeling creamy.

For some reason when you said kids whole milk I thought breast milk. :nono:

It lives!  Got this pretty cool tea gadget for Christmas. Put your loose leaf tea in, put hot water in let steep, place gadget on top of cup and voila it strains into cup. No mess, no fuss, I like it. Pretty easy to rinse out and reuse as well. The only thing I was bummed about was the cups I normally use are short wide cups, therefore just a little too wide to work properly with this device. There is a pressure valve underneath that activates when it sits on the rim of the cup allowing the fluid to go through.

20180121_162152.jpg

Herrkurt    41

I got a loose leaf pitcher that works the same way.

I had to switch to decaf recently.  I take black tea, no sugar or milk, sometimes iced.  I used to drink 3 large dunkin ice teas every day but dunkin doesn't have decaf black tea so now I have to brew my own.

Still drinking Earl Grey with a teaspoon of honey, prefer orange blossom honey. If I had to go to decaf I'd probably just not drink any, never understood decaf tea or coffee.

Herrkurt    41

I just can't handle too much caffeine anymore, gets my nerves up.  A good decaf still tastes the same and I love the taste of tea, coffee not so much.

I do like a nice herbal chai on occasion, and could switch if ever I had problems with the caffeine. I guess don't knock the decaf till you try it.

johnsnow    12

We have a local company here called the Tea Guys who make excellent loose leaf mixs and charge a decent price if you go to their factory store. Currently enjoying a coconut lemongrass chai they have. They cycle their flavors pretty regularly so it helps from getting bored of any one kind of tea, helping me get rid of my soda addiction

annamas    18

Lapsang Suchong loose leaf.  Hot, about 5-7 minute steep time and kept black.  It smells and tastes like a campfire.

VonBreur    0

I mianly drink Fortnum & Mason teas (Queen Anne, Breakfast Blend, and Royal Blend).  Sometimes, I drink Twining's English Breakfast if I'm on the road and don't want to fuss with loose leaf Fortnum & Mason.

If anyone drinks green tea... you MUST try Yama Moto Yama green tea! Find it here:  https://yamamotoyama.com/products/sencha-green-tea-bag-16ct

P.S. No, I have no interest/stake in the Yama Moto Yama company.  I'm just a customer of theirs and I rarely see their green tea in any green tea ratings.  I honestly think western world media snubs Japanese tea companies (for whatever reason).

If you eat at good sushi places, you'll sometimes find a sushi place which carries Yama Moto Yama green tea.  Try it out.  Well worth it!  You'll see!