Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pburg

WWIIOL

85 posts in this topic

Checked in on ww2 online. More promises of grander send more money. Rats are screaming it is your game now not theirs. Shocking! Begging for money to fix the terrible inf warping because they have no bandwidth before Steam release.

In WWIIOL I was in a different group called ToT (Totenkopf before the PCs took over the game) . Our boss Shilling , who you may remember as the OKW CO during the golden age of WWIIOL contacted about 50 of us for a return to WWIIOL to have a crusties reunion a few months back.

After years of modern games and UIs I could barely play the game for a week before I gave up but it was really fun playing with some of my old WWIIOL buds. Many of us ToT came over and joined SG at the first Planetside Beta release. I think about 25 of us ToTies joined SG to play PS1.

Looking back on it now , I can't believe I dedicated so many hours to WWIIOL starting in June 2001. At one point I had 5 accounts in WWIIOL ( 3 that I admitted to - Sturm21 Sturm22 and Sturm23) i used to haul around an 88 with an HT and a spare SMG to guard my gear or fly with a pilot bombardier and tail gunner

ToTs AO was in the dirty south with our HQ at Charlyville but we frequently came north to fight with SG in some of the larger OKW ops. I think it is a toss up over what is my most epic gaming experience - WWIIOL with ToT or Planetside1 with SG. 15 years later I am still playing with many of the same people. I think I developed my favorite play style in those years as I have always played multi character style with 3 toons in PS , 8 in Eve, 6 in WoW

I think I have been trying to rediscover that epic game experience for the last 10 years and have tried everything available on steam and elsewhere but have not found even a slightly similar experience. I finally decided that it was probably the people I met in the games that made them epic , not the game.

• Like 1

Sup peeps! Good to see some familiar names still kicking around here. :pimp:

S!

The old school peeps still showing up :)

We are playing anything worth it these days in some capacity or another, so feel free to join us!

I think I have been trying to rediscover that epic game experience for the last 10 years and have tried everything available on steam and elsewhere but have not found even a slightly similar experience. I finally decided that it was probably the people I met in the games that made them epic , not the game.

I been lost since the great times at ww2 online. I have really loved two and only two MMO, Asheron's call and WW2 Online. I been trying to find that next MMO of my dreams and have tried and put time in a lot of them. But Blah.....Black Desert is going to be my next try.

Some old timers in here come to think of it I started playing with you guys when I was 18 I'm 33 now ugh.

Some old timers in here come to think of it I started playing with you guys when I was 18 I'm 33 now ugh.

Haha, same as me! Only a few more years and I will have been an SG member half my life.

Greetings,

I never was a member of SG during WWIIOL but remember the group well and joined up for a short time during another game years ago. This from WWIIOL All veteran soldiers will be reactivated for all of June. We're asking the community to pass the news on and get players back in the fight asap! Squads are reforming now. New update, games is running much smoother, was unplayable for me for a long time. Been having alot of fun the last few months I have been back. Check it out.

I cant help but check it out least if its not super inviso warpy.

i've always been sad that I missed this game and the formation of SG.

Decided to check it out since it had been 2 years since I played it. Been having some fun playing it. No other game like it.

In light of their recent revelation on removing toes, we may be getting the tribe back together. We could dominate the game with 20 people :)

Hi guys! I may have to install this again. Too much to cover in all the years on me. One thing of note is I am just about to get my pilot's license. Good to see all you old crusties.

Sup crusties! Definitely waiting to see what they do with the toe/supply system changes. The games population is pretty low and kills the fun for me. I'm not sure any changes will bring the amount of players needed either.

They simply can't charge 15 a month for the game.

bump

I'm glad to see so many of you have stuck with online gaming in your old age.

Holy crap it's bstay!

Lol I just turned 40....some of these relics are aarp card holders

S! guys dre21 here Im still playing this old game and i still enjoy it. I just reached out to the Promotions / Advertising department to see if they can't offer the Sturmgrenadier a month of full all units access .

Hope some of you guys remember me .

If you are ever in game look me up.

S!

What's up

What's up

Hey BFF! It appears you still need work on your sensitivity skills. Maybe Santa will bring you some this year, along with those red skinny jeans you wanted.

Wow, so many old faces. Nice to see all you oldies still know how to turn on a computer lol

Truly miss the good old days, still to this day, no game compared to the fun I had while Simul capping Brussels or spawn camping an inf spawn lol. Good times.

i was edited...sorry OJ I didn't mean to offend you but I do hope you are finally past the gender identity confusion you were going through.